Compassionate Counsel in Warwick, Providence & Wakefield, RI
If you are faced with disharmony and discord in your family, you need a family law attorney in Rhode Island who can think creatively to deliver a favorable outcome.
Failing to secure reliable legal representation could result in a court-ordered arrangement that disrupts your family and harms you financially. It takes a highly trained attorney to make sure you and your family will achieve a peaceful resolution without making undue compromises. For more than 25 years at Moyer Law, PC, our Rhode Island family lawyer has honed his practice in divorce and many other areas of family law.
Family Law Services in Rhode Island
At Moyer Law, PC, we understand that you need more than just a lawyer who will pass through your life like just another transaction. In sensitive matters of family law, you also need a friend and an ally with whom you can confidently face any battle.
Our Rhode Island family law attorney offers representation in the following matters:
- Adoption - If you're considering adoption, our RI family lawyer is ready to represent you couples, individuals and step-parents in the adoption process. Adoptions can be cooperative, contested or even “open.”
- Child Custody - Get the guidance you need for your child custody matters, whether sole or joint custody, or help creating a parenting plan.
- Child Support - It's important to understand your child support rights in Rhode Island, our family law attorneys are here to help represent you, whether you need to establish a support order, enforce an order, or if you have been served.
- DCYF - If you're facing the threat of your children being removed from your home or revocation of visitation rights from Rhode Island's Department of Children, Youth, and Families, our family lawyers in RI are ready to fight for you.
- Divorce - If you've made the decision to dissolve your marriage, our RI family law attorneys are here to guide you through the process and address any legal matters you need to resolve.
- Modifications - Our RI family lawyers are here to help you renegotiate the terms of your child custody or child support agreements as your circumstances and family dynamics change.
- Paternity - If you need help establishing or contesting paternity, whether a father or mother, our team is here to guide you through the process.
- Property Division - The process of separating assets during divorce can be complicated, our RI family lawyers can help you with complex property division matters.
Is It Better to Hire a Local Family Law Attorney?
It is generally considered better to hire a local family attorney than hiring someone from a different state.
Hiring local ensures that your attorney is licensed to practice in Rhode Island. What's more, they will have a better grasp of the community and may even have a long working relationship with certain family court judges and other family lawyers. This also means they may have some insight into how these other legal professionals operate and handle cases.
Trust a family law lawyer who is invested in your community—call Moyer Law, PC at (401) 305-2934 today.
Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled
Personalized Service You Deserve
Honest and Knowledgeable Representation
Creative Solutions to Achieve the Best Possible Result
Exclusive Focus on Family Law Litigation
Over 25 Years of Experience